Welcome to Mr. Avena's Science
Who is Mr.Avena?
- 31 years old
- Born in Los Angeles, raised in Long Beach
- First Generation Mexican American
- First to go to College
- Oldest of 4
- Eating out
- Reading new advancements in science
- Playing strategy games such as chess, trading card games, etc.
University of California of Santa Cruz
- Master of Education and Credentials July 2019
- Single Subject- Chemistry
- Bachelors of Science – Environmental Chemistry June 2018
Long Beach City College
- Associate of Science- June 2016
- Physical and Biological Science
Tools for Students' Use for Learning
- VoiceThread -A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slideshow that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways
- MIndup.org -A foundation that teaches mindfulness in the classroom. The videos demonstrate approaches to teaching:how the brain works, mindful awareness, focused awareness, mindful senses, appreciation, gratitude, acts of kindness and bringing mindfulness into the world. I believe these are important skill that need to be brought into the classroom in a scientific approach.
- Prezi -Prezi is a website for creating and presenting information in a unique and fun format. Using Prezi, students can make powerpoint - eque presentations on any topic, that can be easily shared. Prezi is great because the presentation itself can be created to look cohesive to the information being presented, and it allows you to imbed links, videos, music, photos, etc.
- Tinkercad -Tinkercad is free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It accessible to teacher, students and whoever has a interest in designing 3D models. In addition, it has capability to 3D print the models.